Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Gogo!


Today is Gogo's birthday.

she is a timeless beauty

i love that my mom is a bargin hunter...who else can buy italian leather shoes that cost $200 in the boutiques for $2 at Salvation Army
when i was a little girl, i thought my mom always tasted like lipstick and smelled like laura ashley perfume
i love that my mom is in tune with my boys, loving them intensely and seeing their goodness and strengths even in the middle of an all out tantrum
i love that my mom wears nice dress shoes and a skirt to garden in...
i love that my mom likes to canoe and live on the ocean even though she doesn't like to swim
i love that my mom can say goodbye for an hour and a half before actually hanging up the phone
i love that my mom thinks she needs to call me back if she doesn't get to say "i love you" 400 times before the converation ends.
i love that my mom taught my one year old how to play soccer
i love that my mom is my friend, my great supporter
i love how my mom listens to me and loves me no matter what.
happy birthday, gogo!

No comments: