Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

Confession: I tend to spend too much time on facebook. I love catching up with old friends, seeing all their photos of kids and vacations, i love quick little notes to buddies, and status updates. Sometimes, i actually have to walk away from the computer to help someone or get something done...when i return i hit the refresh button. When i do that, a new list of status updates appears or possibly a wall post for me...my point, is that everything changes. the list of status updates changes and moves on to new things.
there were so many times last year that i wanted to hit refresh...see changes instantly...not live in the place where i was. 2008 proved to be the hardest of my adult life. spiritual questions/frustrations, kid issues, marriage stuff, death. not the year i wanted to ring in on December 31, 2007. but somehow with the turning of the calendar...i feel a bit of refreshment. i made it. our family made it. we had the help of a few close friends. and whether i realized it at the time...the presence of a faithful God.
I will readily admit that our problems are not solved. there is more work to be done. and certainly, 2009 will bring it's own unique pain and glory but i am a tiny bit stronger now, and possibly a little bit braver too, to live this life. we have new ideas and projects on the horizon. we have seen our sons progress and have renewed our marriage vows. i am hopeful and thankful that God is here in 2009. my faith may have been shaken down to it's foundation...but my foundation is on Christ and His presence in my life.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow Sarah, this is good stuff. I didnt know how hard the year was for you, but Im glad you were carried through it, and are stronger because of it. What a journey we are on. My grandma just ended her long journey, which of course reminded me to live mine well. I can tell you are living yours well too.

Hugs,
Jen