Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things about ME

1. E.B. White wrote me a letter when i was ten...it's framed in my living room.
2. Although i love my family immensely, i would still like a room of my own sometimes.
3. I feel most like myself when i am in Maine.
4. If i could go to dinner with a famous person...i would invite Bishop Desmond Tutu.
5. In junior high I really wanted to have braces like all the cool kids. But when my dentist told me last year that i might need to have them because of my jaw...i said i would rather eat through a straw.
6. I wish i was a writer--with a great editor b/c my punctuation and spelling sucks.
7. If I can't be a writer then i want to be a cowboy.
8. My favorite book and movie is Cry the Beloved Country.
9. I used to love the NBA but now i think they are just a bunch of thugs. I still love Magic though!
10. My husband is the first boy i dated that was shorter than me.
11. I love to go to movies but i have a really hard time sitting still. I just want it to be over so i can say how much i liked it.
12. The best beer i have ever had was at Goose Island in Wrigleyville...it was called Cubbie Berry Blue.
13. I have a bit of wanderlust.
14. I connected with my best friend from second grade on facebook. she is still hilarious and super smart.
15. I love having old friends and I am in awe that they still love me. thank you, stasia.
16. I like to dip Doritoes in sour cream.
17. If I hadn't gotten engaged i was supposed to go work on a dude ranch.
18. I am going to do my best to not talk about Africa in this list.
19. When I was five, I thought the song, "sara smile" by Darryl Hall and John Oats was about me.
20. When i tried to play "Batman and Robin" with my older brother, i was always Alfred.
21. Yes, my sister has quadruplets. And yes, they are super cool.
22. I love it when people think my kids look like me:)
23. I know how to ask for a cold coke in swahili.
24. My favorite emotion is laughter through tears.
25. I married my best friend.

1 comment:

woodward said...

Working on a dude ranch and being a cowboy -- is that as close to your love for horses that we get?

Tafadali, unawesa Coca Cola baridi sana?

(got the verb wrong, but pretty close, no?)

Niliwesa kusema Kiswahili kidogo tu.

How in the world did you get a letter from EB White. Now that's a story!