Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Run for Congo Women

www.runforcongowomen.org

Check out this page for ways to help women of the Congo. Don't forget to click on the video and watch the story of Lisa Shannon. She is in the Congo now seeing firsthand the terror of the LRA and the strength of so many Congolese women. She is blogging and updating via facebook every day. She is an ordinary women that could not keep silent or still once she heard of the atrocities and innocent victims in eastern Congo. She is also writing a book that is set for release in April. Become facebook friends with her. Read her updates. Let your heart break.

I am hoping to sign up for the Run for Congo Women run in Chicago. The date is TBA. Wouldn't it be fun to run as a team?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Um, YES!!! Let me know when you have a date...I would love to! Im running the mini (with Gods help!) so I'll be ready!

Sarah said...

That sounds fun...maybe next year? We're much overdue for a vacation! Let me know...I'd love to sponsor you!--Sarah A. in CA

Cindy said...

I'm in. I actually saw on their website that they have one in St. Louis too. Keep me posted, but count me in.

KW said...

i'm in for sure. i hate running, but i think i can manage a 5k for this. :)